A Brief Intro.........

We are the Nielsen family and our home is in Thornton, Colorado. For the first time in our marriage we can finally say that neither one of us is in school and we are enjoying our new life with new jobs in a new city . We met in a PE class at BYU where Kyle was impressed with Hilary's sudden interest in lacrosse, her smile, and her jump shot. Hilary was immediately smitten with Kyle's athleticism, his sense of humor, and his always smiling face. When they got paired up to do an assignment together at the end of the semester, they worked so well together that they decided they might as well just stay paired up for life.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our new Hobbies

So since I have been home and not having lots of luck with the job thing, I decided to learn a few new skills. The one I am most proud of I have no pictures of or proof, but I really did do it. I learned to change a car battery by myself! I really did. I watched some videos online and changed Kyle's battery in our parking lot where his car was dead. And the car works! I didn't blow up a single thing. Second, I have also taught myself how to cut boys hair. So I gave kyle his first haircut and it turned out quite well if I do say so myself. I also decided one day to bake a million sugar cookies and deliver them to my friends here. Kyle has won his second intramural football championship in the past six months with his team here.  They were pretty excited about the victory as you can tell in the picture.
Kyle's new haircut, by me.
Intramural Champs!

My sugar Cookies!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Kyle's battery needed replacing so soon. I just had it die on me in June & replaced it with a brand new one then. Somethings not right with that!!

    Good for you for being so industrious!

    Cookies look very yummy Hil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! That's awesome about the hair Hil--both yours and Kyles! Emily just cut my hair yesterday for the first time too!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you're keeping busy and doing so many good things with your time! You'll find a good rhythm soon enough, but until then, enjoy this freedom. Speaking of road trips to church history sites, we should plan to meet up with you guys sometime!

    I love the new hair color, by the way. It's a dramatic look, and you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete