This week Kyle and I realized that neither one of us has experienced extreme weather of any kind. Growing up in Las Vegas and Orange county we have pretty much been babied when it comes to weather. However, we are paying for it now. This week we experienced our first tornado warning which dragged us out of bed and to our closet for about an hour in the middle of the night. Then Kyle went out of town on Wednesday and left me here to fend for myself in this madness. It was all going fine until Saturday afternoon when we were having an EXTREME thunderstorm and lightning struck dangerously close to our apartment building. I happened to be standing in our family room right next to the TV when it hit and I was pretty convinced the world was coming to an end at that moment. It freaked me out majorly. I have never heard a noise that loud in my life. Our power also shut off for just a few seconds and I looked over and saw our TV pop and then smoke started coming out the back of it. I figured that wasn't a good sign, and I was right. I paniced when I realized what had happened and ran and checked the rest of our appliances plugged in, and thankfully the TV was the only thing that got zapped. I was pretty bummed about it but at least it wasn't an expensive TV. And we happen to have an extra TV here with us that I stole out of my parent's garage just before we moved here. It weighs about 100 pounds, it's a Mitsubishi (who even knew they made TVs, or if Mitsubishi still even exists) and I'm not sure when it was purchased but I know we had it when Mitch was born, so that's at least 16 years ago now. But we are actually pretty stoked about it because it's 3 inches bigger! So all in all we are pretty excited and considering it an upgrade!
 |
| Goodbye old TV! You served us well, we will especially miss your built-in DVD player! |
 |
| Our new TV. A 27 incher! What an upgrade! |
So glad you are safe after those scary storms. I'm really sorry you were alone & scared. Glad you had a spare TV to hook up!
ReplyDelete