The weekend after our trip to Indianapolis we took off to Nashville to see a Keith Urban concert. This was the first time either one of us had ever been to Nashville, and being the huge fan of country music that I am, I was pretty excited to see what it had to offer! We pulled into town and headed straight downtown to do some sightseeing before the concert. Our first stop was the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was cool, to be honest, it didn't blow me away. Maybe if I was 40 years older it would have, but for the most part most of the people inside were way before our time. My favorite display was at the very end where they had a Brad Paisley suit and a Carrie Underwood dress on display from the 2010 CMA awards. There was a lot of Elvis stuff, they actually had one of his old cars he used to ride around in inside. I think that was one of Kyle's favorite displays. We plan to hit up the Hall of Fame again in 40 years when all of the country stars we know are in and I am sure we will feel much more clued in as to who everyone is. After the Hall of Fame we were starving and needed to find some food before the concert. There is literally a bar with a live country band playing on EVERY corner. These are probably fun if you have had a lot to drink, but we just wanted to get out of the heat and get some food so we decided to pass on checking out any of the bands. Instead we found a Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed a nice dinner there. From there is was over to the concert where I had a GREAT time. I don't know how anyone could not love Keith Urban. I was nervous about how much Kyle would enjoy himself but he seemed to really have a good time too. It was a great show!
The next morning we decided we needed to check out the Grand Ole Opry before we left town. I'm sure it would have been much more exciting had we been there to see a show, but for the most part it's a very nice auditorium where all the country music greats have played. It's nothing too thrilling when you are there just to look at it, but I plan to return to see a concert there someday. Our next stop was Vanderbilt University. This sounds random but Kyle has a fascination with college campuses and really wanted to check it out. He mostly just likes to check out their football stadiums to be honest but we cruised around the whole campus just for fun. Pretty cool, doesn't compare to BYU but not bad. After that we hit the road and headed home.

Glad you guys made it to NashVegas! Sounds like fun. You all are doing a great job exploring all the cool places around!
ReplyDeleteAnother great post! Fun to hear all the details & see what interests both of you have! Sounds like you really made good use of your time in Nashville!
ReplyDelete