So I have recently started suffering from extreme Cafe Rio withdrawals. So I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and I searched every Utah Mormon mom blog I could find until I found a recipe I was satisfied with. The grocery shopping took hours because I had never bought many of the ingredients (who's ever heard of a tomatillo?) but I got it done. Kyle and I spent hours cooking on Sunday afternoon but it paid off! I would never actually claim to have duplicated Cafe Rio, but I have to say I came dangerously close. We were pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I'm pretty excited because I think being able to recreate Cafe Rio could do wonders for our social life, we could really make a lot of friends out of this considering most of our friends out here are from Utah and suffering from the withdrawals as intensely if not worse than we are! It will also keep my cravings away and it opened my eyes to a whole new world in the produce section at the grocery store. So basically this is a win-win-win situation. Here our some pictures of our masterpiece!
A Brief Intro.........
We are the Nielsen family and our home is in Thornton, Colorado. For the first time in our marriage we can finally say that neither one of us is in school and we are enjoying our new life with new jobs in a new city . We met in a PE class at BYU where Kyle was impressed with Hilary's sudden interest in lacrosse, her smile, and her jump shot. Hilary was immediately smitten with Kyle's athleticism, his sense of humor, and his always smiling face. When they got paired up to do an assignment together at the end of the semester, they worked so well together that they decided they might as well just stay paired up for life.



Hey! You blog! The Cafe Rio looks great! We really need to try it out
ReplyDeleteYou guys are witty blog writers.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Hilary! I'll send you my recipes for Cafe Rios chicken & pork! They are way good. You can compare with what you found!
ReplyDeleteGlad you blogged again! I missed hearing updates!
Mmmmm that looks so good. I do miss Cafe Rio.
ReplyDelete